Friday, May 28, 2010

You Can't Fence Time



What were you doing 30 years ago?
Thirty years ago today for me was life changing. I was 3 weeks out of college, almost 23 years old. I was scared, confident, excited, hopeful, ready.
You never forget that moment when they hand you that wrapped up, 8lb.6oz bundle and your life is forever different in ways you have never imagined.

Today is the big Three Oh for my beautiful daughter, Lindsay.
Lindsay. The name I thought NO ONE would have but her. :-)
Famous nose, freckle face (that's how many friends she has), big blue eyes and now a family of her own. I thought it would be appropriate to share bits and pieces of how she has grown and changed the past 30 years.






Do I see moves like Boston here?


A fashion show model at almost 5:


She helped our dog deliver 2 litters..this was the largest pup-Sir Charles Barkey. How about the large Suns hat Aaron is sporting?


























Aaahhhh..the 3rd set of braces.








DRAMA--- Cherokee heritage I guess.



First grandbaby and GRAM


Going to all the trouble of a spiral perm









It started here:


It went way farther up than this looks before they came down!!!




Nutcracker Suite Tonight





Broken Arm after the top bunk mishap!


Asymetrical Haircut


Time for bed but you had other ideas

Orange Crush










White on White Handsewn Quilt from Gram





Martina





I had stacks and stacks of photos to rummage thru...she was the first baby you know.
Awesome memories. All of those feelings she now describes for her own little ones I have all over again as I look at this third of a century.

I am so proud of her. She is fun, smart, a college graduate and almost done with her masters, a good mother, has found a really good man to share her life with, and she loves God.

My little pony-tailed girl grown up to be a woman
Now she's gone in the blink of an eye.



Happy 30th to my little girl.
No, you can't stop time.

3 comments:

  1. Mom, WHAT? Where the heck did you dig some of those pictures out of? Thanks for the post, it was really sweet. 30 years is a long time, huh? I'm sure glad your good memories outweigh the bad!!! NUTS!

    Love you lots,

    L

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved looking at these pics! That very first one -- wow, the girls look so much like her in that photo. I don't think I'd ever seen a baby photo of her before to notice the resemblence.

    You've got a good kid there Karla!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos! Made me think of all the photos I have of my daughter (who will be 30 next year). Isn't it amazing how time flies??

    ReplyDelete