Sunday, October 11, 2009

Argyle and Country Clubs






A fairy tale golf-princess kind of day is what I had this week. I was invited along with 11 others to experience Silverleaf Golf Club in Scottsdale. Playing golf is one of my favorite activities, so to get the opportunity to play at this exclusive club was a real treat. It is a stunning venue- the fairways wind through the secluded canyons and valleys of the McDowell mountains. However, I didn't realize exactly what kind of a treat I was in for.

First things first, what to wear. Now you know that with golf it doesn't matter how you play, it's how you look....so I chose my understated and clubish argyle vest and matchy match visor with lucky Jayhawk ball marker. Check.





After the valet took the car and clubs away, I was ushered into the beautiful 50,000 sq.ft.clubhouse. Incredible views, awesome architecture, extremely country-clubish for sure. Then we got to the gorgeous locker room where I had my private locker with my name on it for the day! After an outstanding breakfast buffet we went to the pro shop to meet our caddy! J.D. was an ASU student and caddy-extraordinairre for our foursome! He read my putts, cleaned my balls, raked my traps (too often), found my ball if it happened to be in the desert instead of the fairway (only twice),gave me my yardage and direction, just basically made me feel like a golf princess! The greens were lightening fast(at least 12.5 or 13), the course was in the best shape of the entire year, the weather was sunny & 85 degrees...absolutely divine! The 50 foot putt I made on 16 was the best! Lunch afterward in the library topped it off. Just a HUGE BIG SMILE kind of day.

Isn't that what we need every once in a while? Experiences that knock your socks off and kind of take you by surprise? Those days that let you forget the commotion and goings on?

Life's good.

1 comment:

  1. How fabulous! You look great. Cute, cute outfit. That 50 foot put makes it sound like you golfed like a mad woman, too. How cool - a caddy and your name on a locker. Sounds like you got spoiled! Very fun. I agree -- moments like that are worth savoring....

    ReplyDelete