Thursday, October 22, 2009

When the Time Comes




I have been to three funerals this year.

I think I've only been to about 15-20 funerals in my whole life. I guess the reason these 3 funerals have been on my mind is because all of the people were about my age. Now to some of you...52 sounds ANCIENT, but in my world I feel I have another 50-60 years to go!





This sweet lady was Becky Mendoza, and she passed away not long after this photo was taken. She had the STUD,(and I do mean STUD) Diego, that sired the two litters our boxer, Lucy, whelped. Becky came to our home to help deliver the pups both times. She had a seizure right after all the pups were born in the first litter. Consequently, she found out she had a brain tumor. I was so happy she could enjoy helping with the second litter about 18 months later- boxers were her passion.
Beckys funeral was so sweet and inspiring. I learned so much about her and her faith in God that day.

The song for this post has been my favorite worship song for about the past 10 years. About a month ago I was driving to the most recent funeral. I turned on the radio and there was a quiet pause ... and then this tune came on. It was one of those "moments" that happen when you feel God all over you.

I am grateful for His love and our hope of eternal life after this one.

God makes life good.

1 comment:

  1. Diane -- that's a lot of loss in a one year time period. I certainly hope that's it for awhile! It was nice of you to attend the memorial for Becky. I remember Linds telling me about her coming over when Lucy had Linus and the rest of her second litter. That was a sweet story. It sounds like she a lovely lady.

    ReplyDelete